2017 State Residency
This project elaborates on Music Director Michael Francis’ community-focused vision of extending the orchestra’s reach beyond the concert halls and highlighting TFO’s status as the premier orchestra in the southeast – not limited to Tampa Bay. TFO’s residencies will bring symphonic music to approximately 15,000 people in Florida who have limited access to professional orchestral music. As a close partner with the Florida Music Educators Association, whose conference is held in Tampa Bay each year, TFO is able to expand on existing relationships with the statewide music education programs of Florida through this residency program.
TFO is recognized by the League of American Orchestras as the largest orchestra in Florida, serving the second largest metropolitan area in the state.
Volusia County Activities
- January 6: Saint-Saëns’ Organ Symphony Masterworks Concert
- February 6: TFO side by side with Volusia All-County Honors Orchestra
- February 7: School Youth Concerts for Volusia County elementary students
Highlands County Activities
Sponsored in part by South Florida State College
- January 19: Brahms, Mozart, & Mendelssohn Masterworks Concert
- January 20: School Youth Concerts for Highlands County elementary students
- March 11: TFO side by side with Highlands County Concert Band
Alachua County Activities
- March 6: TFO side by side with local orchestra students
- March 7:
- School Youth Concerts for Alachua County elementary students
- TFO Hospital Concert at UF Health Shands Hospital
This project is sponsored in part by the Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs, the Florida Council of Arts and Culture, and the State of Florida.