If you would like to join our media list, please contact:
Marketing and Communications Manager
The Florida Orchestra
244 2nd Avenue North, Suite 420
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
727.892.3331 Ext. 334
If you would like to attend a rehearsal or a performance in connection with a story, please follow The Florida Orchestra's policies regarding media:
- Please contact the orchestra's marketing and communications department two to three days in advance of your desired visit so that there is sufficient time to provide a minimum 24-hour written notice to the musicians, the conductor and our operations staff as required by the musicians' contract.
- The first rehearsal for any given concert is generally closed to both the media and the public.
- When attending a rehearsal or a performance, members of the media will be escorted by a Florida Orchestra staff member. This is required by the musicians' contract.
- A requirement by the musicians' contract is that recording media (television and radio) can only record up to ten minutes of the orchestra performing for a total of two and a half minutes for on-air usage.
- Still and video photographers are not allowed to use flash or other lighting devices in rehearsals or performances. We appreciate photographers using camera bags to muffle the sound of loud shutters or motorized drives. If you are not able to muffle sounds from "loud" equipment, we encourage you to shoot pictures during the louder musical passages so as not to disturb the musicians or the audience members.